Many of you know this is the final year of Yankee Stadium. The new stadium will still be in the Bronx, but bigger and better (and probably more expensive). I think they are going to do what they did in Foxborough and turn the old stadium into parking, but please correct me if I'm wrong - I don't really keep up on the day to day happenings of the Yanks. I read this article this morning. I didn't realize until I looked at my schedule that the author is right, we (the Sox) close out the regular season of baseball against the Yanks at home (Fenway). I could argue with a few of the author's points (the most famous facility in the history of American sports? I'm not sure about that!) But, it does seem a little wrong that we won't be giving Yankee Stadium a proper farewell - they have to do that against the Orioles. Because, you know, it would be nice to beat the Yanks one last time in their own home*. :)
* and yes, I say this after we got creamed last night
Thursday, April 17, 2008
The House that Ruth Built
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The last scheduled sporting event in the Stadium is an outdoor NHL game.
It's kind of sad.
Post a Comment