This morning I didn't feel like making my own breakfast so I decided to go to a local coffee shop to get a bagel, coffee and juice. I picked out a juice that had Vanilla and Almond in the the name so I thought it sounded good. To my disappointment, the first sip tasted like banana. "What the hell?" I thought. So I looked at the ingredients, and there is was, 5th or 6th, banana puree. Now, I like bananas as much as the next person, in fact, my grandfather swears it's not an apple a day, but a banana a day that keeps the doctor away. My beef with bananas is that they infiltrate everything they are associated with. For example, the juice this morning - if I had wanted a banana drink, I would have gotten a drink with banana in the name. Also, whenever you bring a banana in your lunch and forget to take it out of your lunch box (that's right - I have a lunch box - with my initials on it!), it makes everything else in your lunch box taste like bananas. Now, who really wants banana-flavored brownies?? Not me! I wonder if we can get the FDA to start making manufacturers place a banana warning label on items containing bananas?
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's so funny. I was present at a similarly themed rant at camp when onions appeared in an omelet that was not specifically labeled as containing onions. People do not like to be surprised by onions, especially in the morning.
Post a Comment