Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The New Year

I feel like blogging is like going to the gym. Everyone's resolution is to keep up with their blogs (or maybe that's just me). Well, I am going to try to blog at least once a month (I try to keep expectations low).

I know a LOT has happened since I last blogged. Hey - I got married! We had a great wedding. It POURED all morning (I know - it's good luck) and there are some pretty hilareous pictures of me getting into the church all covered in raincoats and bonnets. But we probably had the best sunset EVER when we went down to the beach afterwards. My church is awesome and is made even awesomer (I know it's not a work but it's my blog) by the choir that sings there. We were very lucky to surrounded by people who loved us and wanted to be there to support us. Our photographers were great. Especially when we were being rushed out of the church where we were taking our pictures because of the rain because the 5:00 service was starting. We had a great reception. Our friend Drew and various aunts made the place look fantastic. The DJ was great. The food exceeded our expectations and everyone had FUN which is exactly what we were going for. All in all, it was a great day.

We then went for a honeymoon in New Zealand. That's right - New Zealand. It was fantastic. It was just nice to be on vacation, go for a hike if we wanted, go for a boat ride, or just hang out.

After our nice vacation it was back to reality: work and holidays. Thanksgiving was great and Christmas wasn't but what are you going to do?

Now it is the New Year and I just listened to one of my new CDs (Paul McCartney's Ecce Cor Meum) which also exceeded expectations and was pretty good. I am sick, but my hubby should be home soon (since he said he would be home 1/2 an hour ago) to cook me some dinner.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

1 comment:

Scott said...

She Posts!

Happy New Year, Dear. Hope to see you soon.