Friday, August 22, 2008

The Dark Knight

Last night, Sean and I finally went to see The Dark Knight, the next movie in the Batman series (technically the second movie), but I don't think they really go in chronological order except for Batman Begins, and you don't really need to see that one before you see this one. This was Heath Ledger's last movie as he passed away earlier in the year after the filming. Christian Bale plays Batman/Bruce Wayne again and Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, and Gary Oldman play their respective parts as well. In addition, Aaron Eckhart and Maggie Gyllenhaal play other characters. All in all, a great cast.

The plot was good. The acting by Ledger as the insane Joker was superb. The effects were great. The problem with the plot was that it felt as if the movie could have ended at least three times before it actually ended. It was quite a long movie, over 2 hours. I won't give anything away, but it seemed curious that they introduced a new villain toward the end of the movie, only to get rid of him before the movie ended. I did enjoy this movie more than Batman Begins. It was more of a typical superhero movie which I enjoy.

I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes superhero movies.

No comments: