Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Comments

Yesterday, someone at work (who doesn't have any kids) saw me and said, "You look hot and uncomfortable." To which I wanted to reply, "So do you." However, being a superior to me and me being the nicer person, I just responded, "I still have a Red Sox hangover from Sunday." SERIOUSLY?!?! Would anyone say that a non-pregnant person looked hot and uncomfortable? Is that supposed to be a compliment? A sympathy greeting? Come on people - as one of the books I read says - the only thing a pregnant person wants to hear is, "You look great!" Or, if we really don't look great, just don't say anything about our looks, just ask us how we are doing or how our weekend was.

1 comment:

GirlTuesday said...

my sister's favourite (when pregnant)? random strangers coming up and touching her stomach, and then asking--after the fact--"is that okay?"